Education at Coruña British International School
We are proud to teach the English National Curriculum at Coruña British International School. Educational excellence is at the heart of the British system and this philosophy extends beyond purely academic achievement.
The English National Curriculum encourages students to see the world around them from a different perspective, to form their own opinions, and to express themselves thoughtfully, respectfully and intelligently. Problem solving, working effectively as part of a group or independently, and learning how to approach their studies with a critical, open and creative mind are all skills that form part of our students’ daily educational experience, and are skills that we believe they will carry forward into the workplace in later life.
English National Curriculum Stages Explained
The British education system is divided into Key Stages with learning assessments at the end of each stage. These are:
- Early Years Foundation Stage (ages 3 to 5)
- Key Stage 1: Primary Education Years 1-2 (ages 5 to 7)
- Key Stage 2: Primary Education Years 3-6 (ages 7 to 11)
- Key Stage 3: Secondary Education Years 7-9 (ages 11 to 14)
- Key Stage 4: Secondary Education Years 10-11 (age 15 to 16), culminating in IGCSEs
- Key Stage 5: Years 12-13 (ages 16 to 18), culminating in A-Level examinations